Tuesday, October 16, 2018

TODAY EMERSON READING

Today I read a section from " On Self-Reliance" there was one quote that stood out to me while reading " To believe your own thought, to believe that is true for you in your private heart is true for all men' I took some to think about this quote and what it could mean, to me it means, that our hearts are the only truth, not our minds. Our minds could bring negativity which as our hearts can bring the truth, the mind could make us believe somthing that really isn't true, for example when people have insecurities its mostly all in there minds like when someone looks in the mirror and try to find a insecurities and starts saying ' I'm fat' or ' why am I ugly' they start to believe it more and makes them think its the actual truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 1 notes- brave new world